Thursday 4 March 2010

New work

So I came up with a new piece of work over the last 24 hours, I got a few people I know to answer the following questions:

Where were you when princess Diana died?
Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Where were you when the london 7/7 bombings happened?

I got some really good responses, I short of hoped a lot of people would write quite detailed responses and they have. I didn't have a clear idea what I was going to do with them but I think I've found a pretty good (graphicy) way to show them. With these I want to put video's of news reports, to eventually read to showing how the media portray big news stories, but that's something I am researching and need to do a lot more reading/watching on, to do properly. I would like to show these as either prints or projections with the videos I plan to make, at the same time, these are in no way, shape or form finished pieces, I haven't done one for diana yet, because I attempted to use the ones for that, within a video (which didn't work very well) and I dont know where to start with doing it in this style. I would like to get more people to answer the questions, hence the multiple where were you when......'s at the end of both images.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment