Thursday 11 March 2010

Today is a good day

Today is good. Ive had two positive tutorials in two days and I've been told I've got a lot more time than I thought I originally had to create work. So that's really good. Still not got a lot that I can put on the blog so I thought I would share some music im loving atm.


Darwin Deez - Radar Detector from Lucky Number Music on Vimeo.

Darwin Deez - Radar Detector

Ive had Darwin Deez in my itunes for a little bit, but only really found them in the last couple of days. Really cool tunes, vocals on a song called 'Constellations' really reminds me of the strokes/little joy. The song I've put up has a pretty funky video for it but a worryingly similar vocal line to constellations.



The Middle East - Blood

A really new find, but I bloody love this band, they really could be one of my top bands of the year if it all carries on like this, I really need to find more out about them actually...





Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip - Get Better (Villa Vocal Mix)

A remix of their new song, in my opinion a better mix of their song, You get a lot more of Scroobius's vocals on this song which are brilliant, witty and wise lyrics and the melody on the second verse is quite simply the best melody I've heard all year.



Little Comets - Adultery

I saw them live at the tale end of last year and can't wait for bigger things to happen to them, I'm hoping an album will be released sooner, rather than later 'cause there is a big hype about this band at the moment.



Local Natives - Airplanes

I bought their album on a whim last week, listened and was not that inspired, but its grew on me spectacualy, it came out in the UK last year but only came out in the US last week, so I'm gunna say it's one of my top album's of the year so far.



Jonsi - Go Do

The Sigur Ros frontmans solo effort is every bit as good as you could hope, I have massive expectations for this album but from this song and the few others Ive heard I don't think they are unfounded. Unfortunatly the official video for this cant be embeded but check it out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYb2Q3DvLNE



Tall Ships - Beanie & Dodger

I saw this band supporting Tubelord a while back but they've not got a lot of recorded music, found an mp3 of this song a couple of days ago and I love it. The video is of the live performance, which is what you need to see, so much energy and amazing instrumentation (made me buy a loop pedal i loved them that much) I've just found out their supporting Hot Club De Paris at new slang in kingston in a couple of weeks so Im looking forward to seeing them again.



Gorillaz - Superfast Jellyfish

One of the many amazing songs on Gorillaz's new album, you can read my review from a couple of posts ago below. Its amazing, if nothing to do with the animated band known as gorillaz anymore, check out pitchfork's review for more information on how this came to be. http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14008-plastic-beach/ (Sadly much better than my review) I'm particually sad as they are playing a small gig in birmingham the week before I am going back there, on the plus side its a fan club only thing, so I probably could't go anyway.

Theres also Foals new song Spanish Sahara but I've already posted that below...

No comments:

Post a Comment